Our Clients’ Common Threads
COPE’s clients are remarkable.
Despite lived experiences of poverty, physical and emotional trauma, social isolation, and stigma, our clients persist. Again and again, we are humbled by their resilience.
Working in partnership, we build on their individual strengths to remove knowledge, skill, and logistical obstacles so that they can achieve their health goals,
Who We Serve At-A-Glance
Chronic Health Conditions
- Viral hepatitis C infection (HCV)
- HIV/HCV co-infection
- Substance use disorder
- Depression and anxiety
Factors Impacting Health
- Stigma and social discrimination: racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, ableism, gender bias, ageism, etc.
- Employment, housing, and food insecurity
- Adult trauma in the form of community and domestic violence
- Trauma in the form of early childhood abuse and neglect
- Lack of physical and psychological safety
- Poor education and literacy achievement
- Access to affordable health services of decent quality.
- Women, men, and gender-diverse (transgender and gender non-binary) people
- Black and indigenous people of color
- Hispanic/Latino/Latinx people
- LGBTQ people
- People aged 18 to over 70 years